St. Vincent’s Resourcing has an exciting opportunity to join a market leading global enterprise. Our client provides customer experience solutions to organisations and their customers.
Due to continued growth, my client has a requirement for a Team Lead Developer to join their office in Glasgow.
The successful candidate will undertake the design, development and support of software for specific applications, including on-line, real-time and network systems. Leading a team of developers and actively involved in developing components using high-level languages (such as Java), database design techniques and developing a variety of software including client UI, contact centre supporting software and speech focused applications.
At this level, the jobholder will need to be an experienced individual who is fully competent within their own area and who acts as a key contributor in a complex/critical environment. They will have depth of expertise in more than one area, applying their knowledge to a range of activities, and acting as a source of technical expertise to others.
- To work with developers to ensure correct levels of experience/expertise for future activities/projects
- Responsible for designing and implementing bespoke software for customers and products
- Line Management of development resources
- People development
- To develop and maintain the overall day to day sequence of activities for each relevant individual
- Applying a range of development methodologies, create technical designs, implement, and test
- Create a Test/Development environment for customer review
- Update and enhancement of internal systems.
- Hand project over to customer and tech. support team in the form of a user/support guide and training
- Explains difficult concepts to a variety of audiences and ensures meaning is understood
- Problem solving: finds the underlying issue and patterns in complex situations; takes a new perspective on existing solutions to complex problems
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Senior or lead experience
- Significant experience in Java programming
- Experience in creating clearly documented analysis, design and test specification
- Experience with web containers like Apache Tomcat
- Experience of SQL or NoSQL
- Knowledge of industry standard build/ development tools including; Maven, Ant and Jenkins
- Line management experience
- Java frameworks; Spring or Hibernate
- Experience using CI/CD
- TDD principals
- Agile methodologies
- Cloud & Virtualisation; AWS or Azure
- Containerisation and Orchestration; Docker or Kubernetes
- Background in Windows server (2012 / 2016) and Windows server infrastructure in including
- Testing Frameworks; Selenium or JUnit
A competitive basic salary depending on experience, with extensive learning, development and progression opportunities and a generous benefits package.
For more information please send your CV to email@example.com or call 0141 899 0056.